When you integrate Marketo with Mutiny, you can create segments based on Marketo attributes and dynamically insert Marketo variables into your experiences.
Here are a few example use cases this integration enables:
Show current users login CTA instead of sign up CTA
Upsell depending on the product they are using today
Show happy customers a link to G2/Capterra or referral program
Give webinar attendees a recording of the webinar in a banner
Highlight a different asset for someone who has already downloaded an asset
Give customers on a free trial a link to book a call with customer success directly from the homepage
How it works
Mutiny uses your Client ID, Client Secret and Endpoint URL to establish a connection with your Marketo data. Mutiny then identifies visitors with a Marketo Munchkin cookie and can associate them with any data stored in Marketo. This customer profile data is synced with their Mutiny cookie and lets you create segments for personalization using Marketo data alongside any other Mutiny data source.
How to integrate Marketo with Mutiny
Step 1 - Gather your credentials from Marketo
(A) Create a new role with permissions
1. Log in to your instance as an admin
2. Go to the Admin menu and click on "Users & Roles"
3. Click on the "Roles" tab, and then "New Role"
4. Type “Mutiny Role” for Role Name and assign “Access API group” for permissions
5. Click Create
(B) Create an API-only user
1. Go back to the "Users" tab and click "Invite New User"
2. Fill out the following fields:
Email: mutiny+<your company name>@mutinyhq.com
First Name: Mutiny
Last Name: User
Roles and Workspaces: Mutiny Role (what we just created)
Make sure to check “API Only”
3. Send an invitation
(C) Create a custom service for an authentication token
1. Go back to the Admin menu and click on LaunchPoint from the left hand pane
2. Click "New Service"
3. Fill out the following fields:
Display Name: Mutiny Service
Description: This service is for Mutiny
API Only User: mutiny+<your company name>@mutinyhq.com
4. Create the service and click "View Details"
5. Save your Client Id and Client Secret - you will need to enter these in Mutiny to complete the integration.
(D) Get your Endpoint URL
1. Go back to the Admin menu and click "Web Services"
2. Find the Endpoint in the REST API box and copy the Endpoint URL
3. Save the endpoint URL - you will need to enter this in Mutiny to complete the integration.
Step 2 - Activate your Marketo integration
Select Integrations from the left side pane and click on Marketo.
On the next screen, enter your Marketo Client ID, Client Secret and Endpoint URL.
Step 3 - Map your attributes
Select whichever attributes you want to use to segment and personalize in Mutiny. You can add additional columns by clicking the "Map another Marketo column" button at the bottom. When you are finished with your selection, click "Map columns." You can come back and edit these selections at any time.
That's it - your integration is now complete!
Step 4 - Create your segments
The attributes you just mapped are now available to build segments in the Segment Creator and the Data Explorer. Happy personalizing!
Don't be a stranger
If you have any questions, we’re here to help! Please feel free to contact us at any time, either through intercom chat or via email@example.com.